Sunday, October 16, 2005

Friends who hate one another...

So my new hobby is watching people in public places who really hate each other. I think it is fascinating. I was at Heirloom Bakery today having a little breakfast. I entertained myself by watching these two suburban women (old friends) snarking and sniping at each other in these passive agressive ways. "I refuse for you to pay for a meal at a restaurant whose food I hate!" Translation: You have shitty taste in restaurants.
They went on for a while, not really giving a shit about what the other was saying. I was annoyed and amused.
One of them also went on to recount the evening when a police helicopter was circling her neighborhood (ala Boyz in the Hood). She had to call the cops to find out what was going on. She was annoyed that it was making so much noise. "Um. Excuse me. Could you please turn down your helicopter? Yes, it's distracting me from my episode of The Apprentice."
I hate people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home